Taiwan Mobile evaluates whether our economic activities are sustainability-taxonomy-aligned or -eligible. Such evaluation was based on the definitions of 13 forward-looking economic activities and measurement methods outlined in Taiwan's "Reference Guidelines for Determining Sustainable Economic Activities", which was announced in February 2023. The Guidelines were the adaptation results of the European Union Taxonomy. However, the telecommunications industry has not yet become one of the regulated industries, but Taiwan Mobile has voluntarily mapped our activities’ alignments and eligibility.
Confirm whether the activity meets the condition of "not causing significant harm to other environmental objectives and social safeguards.", classified as sustainable taxonomy-aligned.
Taiwan Mobile is classified as sustainable taxonomy- aligned as the following table：
- We implement our sustainability taxonomy assessment with 4 Stages：
- We conduct an inventory of all sustainability-related economic activities through cross-departmental workshops for mapping activities that have substantial relevance to the definition provided in the "Reference Guidelines for Determining Sustainable Economic Activities".
- We identify which forward-looking economic activity category (out of the 13 categories outlined in Taiwan's "Reference Guidelines for Determining Sustainable Economic Activities") each economic activity belongs to, based on relevance. Furthermore, we clarify the details of the identified economic activities with the relevant units to confirm applicability and compliance. Includes three major categories of economic activities, classified as sustainable taxonomy-eligible：
- Establishment of renewable energy: Construct a self-generated and self-used wind and solar power site. Procuring solar and wind renewable energy electricity (green power supply).
- Manufacturing of high-efficiency equipment and application of high-efficiency technologies: Introducing high-efficiency equipment into the IDC Data Center; Cell Tower Server Room Smart Energy Saving and replacement of myfone store equipment; Adopting high-efficiency equipment for 5G construction; Investing in high-efficiency and low-carbon solutions such as Smart IT Housekeeper and CloudMile, which help enterprises maximise the efficiency of the cloud by combining enterprise data with cloud architecture design.
- Application of Low Carbon Transportation: Implementing Vehicle Butler 3.0 for low-carbon logistics transportation; electrifying company vehicles; investing in electric vehicle leasing and establishing electric vehicle charging stations to promote low-carbon transportation.
- Provision of engineering and consulting services for climate change adaptation: Including consultation fees for climate change and for sustainability advisors, as well as fees for international organizations/associations (including RE100, Net Zero roadmap planning, GeSI, Digital with Purpose Initiative…etc.) used to invest in climate change and environmental sustainability strategies, and also expenses for promoting green energy initiatives.
- Other Applications for low-carbon and circular economy technology: Establish a zero-waste circular economy model for the acquisition and recycling of used and waste phones; investing in low-carbon technologies to reduce labor costs and provide low-carbon product services.
- Installation of equipment or systems for water conservation, water resource recycling, or development of emerging water sources, as well as technology development and professional services: Collecting water from the raft foundation of the IDC Center and transporting it to water storage tanks installed in indoor air conditioning units, which enables effective water resource recycling.
|The Results of Sustainability Taxonomies Aggregate of Eligibility & Alignment
|Total figures for your company in monetary units
|Total of which is Taxonomy- Eligible Please provide percentage of the total figure for the company that is taxonomy eligible.
|Total of which is Taxonomy- Aligned Please provide the percentage of the total figure for the company that is taxonomy aligned.
|Total of which is not Taxonomy Eligible Please review the calculated totals that are not taxonomy eligible