Environmental and Energy Policy
TWM stays close to its core value “Think Sustainable, Act Responsible” to promote corporate governance, environmental sustainability and social participation. TWM devotes to construct a low-carbon society, providing consumers with smart energy- saving communication services in order to create the best customer experience.
We are well aware that the risks brought about by climate change have a great impact on the environment and ecology. Therefore, we are committed to establishing systems, formulating measurable environmental goals, and implementing specific plans or actions to achieve the goal of a smart low-carbon society with that in mind.
TWM will use this policy as a management guide, taking into consideration the risks and opportunities of daily operations, existing or new products and services at all stages of the life cycle in order to work hand-in-hand with its own operating bases, suppliers, logistics distributors, contractors and partners (including joint ventures), etc. to continue to reduce the negative impact on the environment. The environmental risk assessment is also one of the aspects of due diligence when TWM performs mergers and acquisitions.
- 1.Complying with Environmental Protection Regulations:
- We comply with the requirements of environmental and energy laws and regulations to implement education, training and self-examination, develop environmental management systems to enhance environmental protection, and anticipate the future development of relevant laws and regulations to formulate guidelines that are superior to environmental laws and regulations.
- 2. Green Purchasing for ecological balance:
- We will identify and measure the environmental risks of the supply chain, as well as putting improvement plans and corrective measures into action for suppliers. We prioritize the purchase of low pollution, recyclable and resource-saving eco-friendly products in order to promote green consumption and maximize ecological benefits.
- 3. Wise Energy Saving and Reduction on Carbon Emissions:
- We perform greenhouse gas inventory and disclosure of emissions every year by adopting universal standards or guidelines, as well as formulating greenhouse gas emission reduction strategies and targets, implementing energy conservation or equipment improvement measures by integrating our own operations management and various information/communication technologies, developing smart energy-saving and carbon-reduction action plans and regularly reviewing the effectiveness of carbon reduction. In addition, we will regularly review, measure and record the impact of products/services on the environment during the life cycle, in the hope of achieving business growth while building a mart low-carbon society.
- 4. Sustainability through Recycling Resources:
- We implement energy resource reduction and recycling, reduce the discharge of pollutants, toxic substance and waste, properly recycle and dispose of business waste, and activate and reuse supplies that have reached the end of their useful life to extend product durability. In addition, we raise the awareness of environmental sustainability of all employees through communication meetings and training, so that they are willing to support energy resource management actions adopted by the Company to promote resource recycling and environmental sustainability.