- Scope of the Private Policy
- Collection of Information
- The purpose of information collection is to verify the identity of users accessing the Website, as well as to provide various services, including:
- You will be required to provide your personal information to the Company when accessing services on the Website, browsing website content, participating in promotional activities/games, applying for membership on the Website, subscribing to the e-newspaper, making online purchases of the Company's products/services, or using other website features. Such information shall include, but not limited to your name, ID number, mobile phone number, SIM card number, e-mail address, etc. The Company retains the aforementioned information provided by you, as well as relevant data recorded by the system while browsing the Website or making online inquiries, such as your IP address, time of usage, browser, and browsing history.
- Notices on Personal Information
- To safeguard your rights and interests, please read the following notices carefully concerning the Personal Information Protection Act:
- Information Protection
- The Company keeps your personal information intact in its database and adopts strict security measures to prevent it from being accessed by unauthorized parties. All company personnel have received comprehensive training on information security and are fully aware of their fundamental responsibilities to keep the customer information confidential. Any employee who violating the confidentiality obligations shall be subject to the punishment according to relevant laws and the Company's internal regulations. To ensure the integrity and safety of your personal information, the Company has provided appropriate maintenance to all data processing systems where personal records are stored; strict requirements established by relevant competent authority are also satisfied in order to protect your personal information from being stolen or damaged. If, for business purposes, it is necessary to entrust a third party to provide additional services, the Company will make strict demands to request the third party to fulfill its confidentiality obligations, necessary inspection procedures will be carried out in order to ensure full compliance by the third party.
- Use of Information
- In order to offer you better services and benefits, the Company may ask you to provide your personal information to the selected business partners or suppliers. The Company shall provide sufficient explanation for such activities so that you may determine, at your own discretion, whether to accept these services or benefits.
Third-party disclosure policy (private and public entities)：Your personal information shall only be used for the specific purposes defined and within the scope prescribed by relevant regulations. Unless agreed by you or specifically prescribed in other regulations, the Company shall not disclose your personal information to any third party or use it for any purposes other than the specific purposes already defined. The percentage of customers whose data is used for secondary purposes is 0%.
When using your personal information for marketing, the Company will provide a way for you without charge to express your refusal to such marketing. If you refuse, the Company will stop using your personal information for such marketing.
When a judicial authority or a government agency requires the Company to provide specific personal information due to public safety concerns, the Company will follow the legal and formal procedures under all users’ safety considerations.
You, as our valued customer, can actively grant permission (opt-in consent is required) by ticking the box marked ‘yes’ in the application form. If you choose to opt-out and refuse to receive promotion information, you can contact our designated and free channels(mobile dial 188(toll-free) directly).
- Accessing Linked Websites
- The Website may provide links to other websites. You may also navigate to other websites by using the links provided on the Website. The Website, however, does not guarantee your privacy while accessing other linked websites.
- Amendment of Personal Information
- If you need to make changes to your personal information, you may do so by using the services provided on the Website after you have verified your identity to safeguard your rights and interests.
- Usage of Cookies
We will delete the customers’ personal information after deactivation 11 years and compliance with some conditions.
According to the current risk management framework and operating mechanism, with the board of directors as the highest decision-making mechanism, personal data and information security risks are incorporated into the company's overall personal data and information security management policies. The headquarters of the company set up the ICT and Personal Information Security Management Division and assigns the professional supervisor as Vice President position or with the same authority to be the chief security officer, reporting directly to the general manager, responsible for supervising and reviewing the formulation of the personal information and information security management system, Implementation, supervision and management matters. In order to enhance the company's personal data and information security governance and supervision level, the Cyber Security and Data Privacy Protection Committee regularly reports major proposals to the board of directors to supervise the operation of the Cyber Security and Data Privacy Protection Committee.
After we consulted the enterprise risk management framework published by the United States-based COSO (Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission) for guidance, the board of directors, Risk Management Committee, and dedicated risk management unit identified 21 major risks based on international research reports, industry trend analyses, internal and external company surveys, and corporate decisions and judgments. They were grouped into seven major items of risk category – "Regulation," "Internet Bandwidth Resources," "Information Security," "Business," "Markets," "Talent Cultivation," and "Innovation Management. There are 4 kinds of risks which raise in 2022 and include network security. The results are approved by Risk Management Committee.