||Description of benefits and rewards
|Flexible working hours
- We implemented flexible working time system. Employees can, based on the needs to tend to their family members, adjust their starting and finishing work time of up to one hour of the daily regular working hours.
- Employees can apply to reduce working hours one hour per day, for raising children of less than three years old.
- Pregnant or nursing female employees are adjusted to avoid working at night.
|Working from home arrangements
- We have flexible working arrangements for employees to meet their needs. We set work from home as a regular policy. Employees can work from home, and the company provides sufficient facilities to support employees.
- Employees can use multiple devices such as mobile office app, push mail, VPN, to work from home, based on their needs to care family members. Moreover, TWM developed an instant messenger system (M+ system), and employees can communicate work-related information with colleagues directly and effectively.
|Childcare facilities or contributions
- During COVID-19, return of school is postponed by two weeks. By giving working parents timely support to care for their children, we offered flexible
options for employees- bring children to office (applicants: 66 employees with 91 children), utilize flexible work arrangements, or take leaves.
- We hire professional nurses to offer workshops to brand new parents and provide employees with baby care advice. Well-equipped breast-feeding rooms with medical-grade equipment has been set up to allow employees to continue nursing their children after giving birth. The nurses teach new
mothers breast-feeding tips and provide health education. Breastfeeding time is twice a day and deemed as working time.
- Protect pregnant or nursing females from working at night.
- New parents have parental leave and can adjust work time.
- Offer parents with childcare assistance programs, such as baby caring education.
- Subsidies for childbirth, childcare and children's education.
- Employees can use content provided by “myVideo”, app developed by TWM, to watch kids’ movies or children's television series, or learn English.
- Childcare institutions provide services at a lower cost.
- Group insurance for employee’s children at discounted rates.
- Evaluate actual performance at work, employees who apply for maternity leave or unpaid leave are not impacted.
- Family members are invited to join Green Life Family day.
|Paid maternity leave in excess of legally required minimum
- TWM offers maternity leave that exceeds statutory requirements, e.g. the female employee miscarriage after being pregnant for less than two months, shall be permitted to discontinue work and granted paid maternity leave for 7 days revised from 5 days unpaid leave by laws, and pregnant employees can take partially paid, job protected leave until delivery.
- We evaluate actual performance at work, ensuring people who applied for maternity leave were not impacted.
- We offer 5 days fully-paid prenatal examination leave.
- We provided parental leave, 97 female employees applied for parental leave and return rate was 79% in 2019.
- Well-equipped breastfeeding rooms to give postpartum employees to pump breast milk at work.
- Regularly organize mother-to-child lectures to provide employees with child care information; e.g. "How to breastfeed" and provide fertility gifts, child care subsidies, children education subsidies to help employees give the best care to their children.
|Paid paternity leave
- Employees are granted 5 days fully-paid paternity leave.
- Employees can adjust their starting and finishing work time of up to one hour of the daily regular working hours to manage their demands, such as picking-up and dropping-off at childcare, caring for sick children, and attending medical and other appointments.
- New parents are provided parental leave to give best care for their children. In 2019, 17 male employees applied for unpaid parental leave and return rate was 69%. We evaluate on actual performance at work, ensuring people who applies parental leave are not impacted.
- We offer parents with child care assistance programs, such as baby-caring education, study group on parent–child relationships, and a platform where parents can share resources and information with other parents.
|Leaves in excess of legally required minimum
- Sick leave：Employees are granted 48 hours fully-paid (statutory: half-paid) and 192 hours half-paid sick leave per year.
- Bereavement leave：The bereavement leave is 6 days that is revised upwards from 3 days by laws.
- We offer our employees two days of paid leave each year, with transportation allowances, to perform volunteer services.
|Employee stock ownership trust
- Taiwan Mobile was the pioneer in implementing employee stock ownership trust. Employees can participate voluntarily with contributing certain amount of salary (self-contribution), and company will also contribute the equal amount money to the trust fund.
|Company group insurance
- Employees: Starting from their first day of employment, employees are eligible for group insurance paid fully by the company. The coverage includes term life insurance, injury insurance, medical insurance, hospitalization insurance and cancer insurance.
- Spouses: Spouses of employees are also eligible for hospitalization and cancer insurance fully paid for by the company.
- Other: Employees, their spouses, parents and offspring may also enroll in the group insurance plans at a discount.
|Subsidy for personal mobile phone use
- We offer monthly subsidy for employees’ personal mobile phone use, including app costs, to supports both their work and personal lives. Employees can download and use these apps which are developed by Taiwan Mobile, such as myMusic, myBook and MyVideo. Employees can enjoy online
music through the myMusic App and reduce work stress. MyBook App provides digital content including e-books, e-magazines, and audio learning materials.
- Employees can read books or learn English with children, and build healthy family life. With myVideo App, employees can watch news, films, or cartoons with family members, and enjoy these valuable and happy moments.
- Offer employee purchase discount.
|Employee Welfare Benefits
- TWM has integrated the employee welfare responsibilities of all subsidiaries under the Joint Employee Welfare Committee. The Committee is in charge of planning and implementing all welfare programs, such as subsidies for wedding, childbirth, funeral, hospitalization, and birthday.
- The Committee offers employees the option for applying for customized benefits such as subsidy for children's education, travel, continuing
education, insurance coverage, shopping and fitness.
- We organize sports day, family day and year-end dinner parties for employees to help them balance their work and family life.
- Subsidies are provided to art, cultural or sport clubs set up by employees to sustain both their physical and mental health.
- We actively collaborate with sports centers, theme parks, resort hotels and travel agencies to offer special discounts to our employees on gym
memberships and other travel benefits.
||To reward employees for longevity and commitment, we reward employees with gifts that value ten thousand dollars for 10 years of service.
|Contributions to labor
|We have adopted regulations governing employee retirement and also set up a labor pension fund supervision committee in accordance with the law. Actuaries are retained to prepare an annual report on the pension costs for each employee and the funds transferred to the labor retirement reserve fund account.
|Subsidy for emergency use
||Employees can apply for unpaid leave, change their place of work within the branch network, or apply subsidy to fulfill their personal needs if they have serious personal or family difficulties.