||Description of benefits and rewards
|Flexible working hours
- We implemented flexible working time system. Employees can, based on the needs to tend to
their family members, adjust their starting and finishing work time of up to one hour of the
daily regular working hours. We’re also planning on introducing a more flexible work schedule,
where employees can choose from a wide range of arrival and departure times: employees’ office
hours can be as early as 7:30-16:30 to 10:00-19:00.
- Employees can apply to reduce working hours one hour per day, for raising children of less
than three years old.
- Pregnant or nursing female employees are adjusted to avoid working at night.
|Working from home arrangements
In May 2021, Taiwan had reported 180 new cases of Covid-19 as it rushed to contain the
worst outbreak since the pandemic began. 50% of our employees had already started WFH one week
before Taiwan government raised the COVID-19 alert to Level 3 on May 19, 2021. Around 70% of our
employees remained WFH since May 2021.
- We have flexible working arrangements for employees to meet their needs. We set work from home
as a regular policy and the company provides sufficient facilities to support employees.
Employees can work from home 2 days per month. We have raised the quota of WFH from 2 to 10 days
per month since March 2022.
- Employees can use multiple devices such as mobile office app, push mail, VPN, to work from
home, based on their needs to care family members. Moreover, TWM developed an instant messenger
system (M+ system), and employees can communicate work-related information with colleagues or
online sign-off directly and effectively.
- Pregnant employees can work from home until delivery after approval.
|Part-time working options
- We offer part-time working options for employees in order to meet their personal needs, such
as family member caring or child caring. In 2021, we have 37 part-time workers.
- Our full-time employees can have a second or even third part-time job after approval. We offer
employees the chance to explore more opportunities in their career..
|Childcare facilities or contributions
- Aiming to provide better childcare measures for employees, we launch several new schemes in
2022. We raise birth allowance from NT3,000 to NT$60,000 for each newborn baby, and raise child
allowance from NT$2,000 to NT$10,000 for each child under age 6 every year. Moreover, we provide
employees with exclusive low-interest loans to relieve their financial stress.
- We provide parents with childcare assistance programs, such as baby caring education.
- Employees can use content provided by “MyVideo”, app developed by TWM, to watch kids’ movies
or children's television series, or learn English.
- Childcare institutions provide services at a lower cost.
- Group insurance for employee’s children at discounted rates.
|Breast-pumping /lactation facilities or benefits
- Provide breast-pumping equipment for postpartum employees, a breast-pumping room with security-controlled access and high personal privacy.Let mothers relax from work during the breastfeeding stage and produce the best quality breast milk for the baby.There are 30 minutes breast-pumping time twice a day, and the breast-pumping time can be adjusted flexibly according to the working conditions
- The breast-pumping room is located on the same floor as the office, which is convenient for colleagues to use immediately. It is equipped with: comfortable chairs with backrests and armrests, telephones, sterilizers, medical grade breast collectors and refrigerators and other related equipment. The breast-pumping room is cleaned and disinfected daily.
- Excellent nursery room certification granted by the Department of Health, Taipei City Government.
|Paid parental leave for the primary caregiver in excess of the minimum legal requirement
- TWM offers maternity leave that exceeds statutory requirements, e.g. the female employee
miscarriage after being pregnant for less than two months, shall be permitted to discontinue
work and granted paid maternity leave for 7 days revised from 5 days unpaid leave by laws, and
pregnant employees can take partially paid, job protected leave until delivery.
- Starting in 2022, we offer 10 weeks of paid maternity leave (revised from 8 weeks by laws) for
those employees with over 6 months of seniority.
- We evaluate actual performance at work, ensuring people who applied for maternity leave were
- We provided parental leave, 103 female employees applied for parental leave and return rate
was 67.0% in 2021.
|Paid parental leave for the non-primary caregiver in excess of the minimum legal requirement
- Employees are granted 7 days paid paternity leave.
- Employees can adjust their starting and finishing work time of up to one hour of the daily
regular working hours to manage their demands, such as picking-up and dropping-off at childcare,
caring for sick children, and attending medical and other appointments.
- New parents are provided parental leave to give best care for their children. In 2021, 15 male
employees applied for unpaid parental leave and return rate was 75%. We evaluate on actual
performance at work, ensuring people who applies parental leave are not impacted.
|Paid family or care leave beyond parental leave
- During the pandemic, the company offer fully-paid epidemic prevention and care leave for
employees who can’t WFH, such as direct store staff, but need to take care children.
- Employees can take paid public leave for vaccinations.
|Leaves in excess of legally required minimum
- Sick leave：Employees are granted 48 hours fully-paid (statutory: half-paid) and 192 hours
half-paid sick leave per year.
- Bereavement leave：The bereavement leave is 6 days that is revised upwards from 3 days by laws.
- We offer our employees two days of paid leave each year, with transportation allowances, to
perform volunteer services.
|Employee stock ownership trust
- Taiwan Mobile was the pioneer in implementing employee stock ownership trust. Employees can
participate voluntarily with contributing certain
amount of salary (self-contribution), and company will also contribute the equal amount money to
the trust fund.
|Company group insurance
- In 2021, thee company provides free legal infectious disease insurance for employees.
- Employees: Starting from their first day of employment, employees are eligible for group
insurance paid fully by the company. The coverage includes
term life insurance, injury insurance, medical insurance, hospitalization insurance and cancer
- Spouses: Spouses of employees are also eligible for hospitalization and cancer insurance fully
paid for by the company.
- Other: Employees, their spouses, parents and offspring may also enroll in the group insurance
plans at a discount.
|Subsidy for personal mobile phone use
- We offer monthly subsidy for employees’ personal mobile phone use, including app costs, to supports both their work and personal lives. Employees
can download and use these apps which are developed by Taiwan Mobile, such as MyMusic, MyBook and MyVideo. Employees can enjoy online
music through the MyMusic App and reduce work stress. MyBook App provides digital content including e-books, e-magazines, and audio learning
- Employees can read books or learn English with children, and build healthy family life. With MyVideo App, employees can watch news, films, or cartoons with family members, and enjoy these valuable and happy moments.
- Offer employee purchase discount.
|Employee Welfare Benefits
- TWM has integrated the employee welfare responsibilities of all subsidiaries under the Joint
Employee Welfare Committee. The Committee is in
charge of planning and implementing all welfare programs, such as subsidies for wedding,
childbirth, funeral, hospitalization, and birthday.
- The Committee offers employees the option for applying for customized benefits such as subsidy
for children's education, travel, continuing
education, insurance coverage, shopping and fitness.
- We organize sports day, family day and year-end dinner parties for employees to help them
balance their work and family life.
- Subsidies are provided to art, cultural or sport clubs set up by employees to sustain both
their physical and mental health.
- We actively collaborate with sports centers, theme parks, resort hotels and travel agencies to
offer special discounts to our employees on gym
memberships and other travel benefits.
||To reward employees for longevity and commitment, we reward employees with gifts that value ten
thousand dollars for 10 years of service.
|Retirement plan and implementation
Old Labor Pension System
The Company has published its Employee Retirement Guidelines and formed a Labor Pension
Supervisory Committee in accordance with the law. In addition, the Company retains the services of
an actuary to assess and calculate labor pension reserves and provide a detailed report annually.
It contributes a sum equivalent to 2% of a worker's monthly wage into a special labor pension
account as a reserve fund to pay retirees.
As of January 2021, the accumulated reserve fund was NT$628,148,000.
New Labor Pension System
The Company implemented the New Labor Pension System in July 2005. It deposits 6% of a worker's
monthly wage into an individual labor pension account managed by the Bureau of Labor Insurance,
with ownership going to the worker.
A total of NT$157,406,000 was deposited in 2020.
The Company regulates its retirement policy in accordance with labor laws. It also offers the
option of early retirement for employees who have worked for at least five years with the Company,
which plus his/her age would equal 65 years or above, subject to the Chairman’s approval.
|Subsidy for emergency use
||Employees can apply for unpaid leave, change their place of work within the branch network, or
apply subsidy to fulfill their personal needs if they have serious personal or family difficulties.