Taiwan Mobile Human Rights Policy
TWM believe that shaping an environment that adequately protects human rights is intimately connected to corporate sustainability. We recognize and support the “Universal Declaration of Human Rights”, “UN Global Compact”, “UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights”, “ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work" and relevant local laws and regulations. We also require our suppliers, partners, and their vendors to do the same, to ensure that their business activities do not infringe upon the basic human rights of others, so that any member internal or external to the company will be treated fairly and with dignity. By conducting human rights assessments and due diligence, we can strengthen and improve the human rights awareness of our employees and stakeholders.
Taiwan Mobile's Human Rights Policy shall apply to the Company's subsidiaries, any foundation constituted as a juristic person to which the Company's direct or indirect accumulated contribution of funds exceeds 50% of the total funds received, and other institutions or juridical persons which are substantially controlled by the Company. The Policy consists of four principal categories:
- Support for international human rights conventions
- We support and respect the principles of the Global Compact of the United Nations. In support of human rights, we do not violate human rights, and nor do we condone or collude with those who are human rights violators. With respect to labor, we comply with objectives established in the UN's “Universal Declaration of Human Rights” and International Labor Organization Conventions and prohibit all forms of discrimination, forced labor and child labor. Moreover, we do not interfere with our employees if they choose to exercise their freedom of association. In terms of the environment, we are committed to making the workplace more secure and healthier for our employees, and we comply with all laws and regulations to improve the environment's safety and sanitary conditions. We protect employees from occupational hazards. When extra hours are unavoidable due to system interruption, our remediation action is allowing employees can apply for compensatory leave or overtime pay after the incident. We also respond to the UN's International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) and the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ICESCR). By raising human rights awareness, we ensure that all stakeholders are respected and are treated fairly.
- Respect for human rights in the workplace
- We comply with the provisions of the Labor Standards Act and the Act of Gender Equality in Employment, and we fulfill the requirements of diversity in the workplace. We do not permit our employees to be treated differently or allow any form of discrimination based on gender, sexual orientation, race, class, age, marital status, language, ideology, religion, party affiliation, and ethnic origin, place of birth, appearance, facial features, disability status, or labor union membership. We strive to create a work environment with dignity, safety, equality and freedom from harassment.
- Full implementation of information security
- As a major provider of information and communications services, we respect human rights and privacy. We strive to protect our customers' personal data by adopting and complying fully with the policies laid down by the Information Security Management Committee. We have implemented ISO's international information security management system and ensure that every single aspect of the business processes involving the access of users' private information is compliant with the requirements of the professional information security management system. We continue to enhance our service personnel's awareness of information security and help them to internalize it in all operations and business activities in order to achieve maximum security and protection for our customers.
- Responding to the needs of society with core resources
- In the event of a natural disaster, by leveraging the resources available to us in the telecom industry, we are able to provide broadcast push messages for disaster response and mitigation in collaboration with the authorities to urge citizens to take precautionary measures. In the wake of a disaster, we shall endeavor to minimize the duration of service outage and restore communication as quickly as possible to help alleviate the loss of life and property. We promise to abide by the provisions of the ITU International Telecommunication Regulations (ITR) and we are committed to following the code of conduct advocated therein with substantive action.