- Core concept
- We insist on the philosophy "A corporation's responsibility is as large as itself, true caring is the beginning of action", hold to the spirit of "Base in Taiwan, caring for our land", care for society in terms of different needs, devote long-term manpower and resources to minority groups, provide care for physical and mental disabilities, participate in youth and children personality development, and prevent social issues, etc. We integrate core resources, promote digital inclusion, and improve the domestic soft power of digital cultural content.
- Commitment and Actions
- Taiwan Mobile Co., Ltd. (TWM) makes good use of four core resources: voice services, Internet bandwidth, digital content, and innovative services. It uses new technological forces to drive public interest, and assists public interest groups to enter into digital applications. At present, more than 20 non-profit technology projects have been developed, including the provision of multi-services for non-profit organizations, disadvantaged groups, and elders in the Myfone store to promote digital communion. TWM is the only telecommunications operator in Taiwan that has taken the lead in publishing True Value and Social return on investment (SROI). Moreover, we are committed to fostering audio and video talents, caring for local culture through various arts and cultural activities, and establishing a complete corporate volunteer system to internalize corporate social responsibility into employee thinking. It is our responsibility to promote social responsibility from the top down and implement social participation from the bottom up.
Achievements and performance
- More than 20 public welfare projects were promoted, and Social return on investment (SROI) related research was launched.
- "Dare to Dream" fosters myfone Creative Award winners to release digital singles and rewards those whose singles reach more than one million views with concerts in the Dome.
- "i-Infinity", a public welfare microfilm has helped 16 public welfare organizations raise funds and the amount grew over NT$ 19.89 million
- More than 5,800 free digital teachings were held in myfone Forum in 2017 and more than 48,000 people were served
- In total, 1,104 volunteers participated in volunteer services in 2017, and service hours reached 6,287 hours
- "Coding Fun-Rural Programming Fun" was launched for the first time which was participated by 119 members, aiming at improving rural education.
- TWM received "Social Inclusion Award" for 2017 Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Award
- The population coverage rate of mobile broadband services in rural areas reached up to 97.07%
- Total monetary value of TWM’s corporate citizenship/philanthropic contributions for each of the following categories:
Type of Contribution Total amount (NTD) Cash contributions $143,209,514 Time: employee volunteering during paid working hours $1,089,368 In-kind giving: product or services donations, projects/ partnerships or similar $142,120,146 Management overheads $7,160,476
- Social charitable contributions and sponsorship:
Contributions/sponsorship to: Description Total amount (NTD)
- Fubon Charity Foundation
- Fubon Art Foundation
- FU-HUEY Social Welfare Foundation
TWM has provided the LED wall, an effective and high-profile digital media, for the display of charity ads free of charge, and we continue to disseminate correct information and bring awareness regarding social care, promotion of the arts and environmental protection to the general public. $ 4,800,000
- FU-HUEY Social Welfare Foundation
- World Vision Taiwan
- CommonWealth Education Foundation
- Cardinal Shan Foundation
- A Kernel of Wheat Foundation
- Taiwan Association on Enhancing Employment of People with Disabilities
- Yilan County United Way Foundation
- Jieh Huey Social Welfare & Charity Foundation
- Taiwan Mobile Foundation
- Philharmonia Moments Musicaux
TWM’s philanthropic contributions to support/sponsor non-profit, education, or arts organizations. $29,245,570 Low-income Households in Taiwan TWM offered special cable TV discounts to disadvantaged groups, such as senior centers, nursing homes, local community activity centers and other social welfare organizations $31,590,000 Rural Households in Taiwan TWM increased the construction of mobile broadband networks in remote areas so as to increase the coverage of radio waves in remote areas. $1,291,000
- The First Social Welfare Foundation
- Children and Elders in rural areas of Taiwan
TWM actively uses its core competencies and corporate resources to achieve social welfare and environmental responsibility. Through the care for the disadvantaged, the promotion of multiple cultural services, environmental protection and other multi-oriented volunteer services, the company, employees and the society are closely linked. $ 831,146 Total $67,757,716
- Vision and planning
- We will continue to use the company's core resources, commit ourselves to cultivating digital content talents, enhance domestic cultural and creative soft power, build digital public service platforms, assist social welfare groups in improving the effectiveness of fundraising, and transform public service with technology, in order to maximize social benefits.