Enabling welfare technicalization
- i-Infinity Digital Welfare
- Since 2012, we have assisted charity groups in developing mobile applications. As of today, we have helped five charity groups develop 4 apps and 1 NFC smart tracking wristband (3 relatively more mature apps were donated to charity groups for operation).
- NFC Smart Tracking Wristband
- Bjorgaas Social Welfare Foundation / Federation for the Welfare of the Elderly
- Assisted with organizing "I Love Granny" charity drama to promote the prevention of dementia. The performance was attended by 2,410 people.
- iSharing platform
- Taiwan Mobile Foundation
- ● Joined by 204 social welfare groups
- ● Helped 323 economically disadvantaged senior citizens collect winter solstice gifts
Furthermore, we also cooperated with Micro Movie group winners of the myfone Mobile Composition Award to produce micro movies for charity groups and provide online marketing rewards. As of December 2016, our program had helped 16 charity groups to solicit over NT$19.83million in donation.
To shed light on the social impact of charity micro movie projects, Taiwan Mobile introduced the concept of social return on investment (SROI), converting the social influence of a project into monetary forms. For example, we assisted the Taiwan People's Food Bank in the production of a micro movie “Temperature" to deliver the message—no waste, no hunger. The result indicated that the SROI of this i-infinity charity micro movie amounted to NT$ 2.968 billion, and compared with the cost invested by various stakeholders, the SROI value was 8.7, which is equivalent to a benefit of NT$8.7 for every dollar of investment made.