Comprehensive Communication Channels
- Open and Comprehensive Communication Channels, Harmonious Labor Relations
- We value two-way communication and are committed to keeping open and transparent communication channels between the management level, subordinates, and peers. The comprehensive communication channels provided by our company are detailed in the following chart:
- Labor-management meetings
- We respect the legal rights of our employees and have never obstructed or interfered with employees' freedom of association. We value the negotiation mechanism for employer and employees, and follow legal regulations to hold labor-management meetings at least once every 3 months to accomplish mutual agreement on major labor conditions issues. The labor-management meeting is organized by equal number of representatives from both the labor and the employer. Labor representatives are elected directly by employees. Major labor conditions issues are negotiated and agreed by both management/labor representatives, and applied to all employees, including executive and management level. Thus, the coverage of labor-management meeting is 100% of all employees. The relationship between our management level and employees has been harmonious over the years, thanks to our transparent and effective communication channels.
- With M+ Messenger, employees can communicate with each other anytime, everywhere
- TWM developed an instant messenger system (which is called M+ system), and employees can communicate work-related information with other employees who are located in different offices or out of office for business trips in a convenient and more cost-effective way.
- Through corporate intranet, internal commucation is more effective
- All information is posted on the Company’s intranet, where employees can view the company’s press releases, product information and management measures.
- Managerial communication meetings, foster mutual communication between management level and employees
- Managerial meetings are held every three months to reinforce the Company’s vision and convey recent critical developments to all employees.
- We host two-way communication meetings quarterly to maintain the unobstructed flow of information between managers and top executives. At the meeting, company financial performances and operational decisions are reported and managers can raise business-related questions such as risks issues other concerns that have arised during the meeting, and have them answered directly by high-level executives. Moreover, internal communication meetings are held by each business unit to convey corporate vision and information to all employees.
- Quarterly employee opinion communication channel
- Employees are encouraged to ask questions or express constructive suggestions in all aspects. Questions or suggestions regarding operational level are responded by related divisions respectively. As for overall strategy or corporate-level issues, the President will respond at quarterly communication meetings between managers and top executives. Human resources division will collect the responses of employees’ questions or suggestions and announce to all employees via intranet.
- New employee workshop
- New employee workshop is held twice a year for employees who served a period of 3 to 12 months. Top executives are invited to give talks to employees and feedback to their opinions. The two-way communication provides support and assistance for new employees.
- Grievance system
- Our Internal Audit Office has regulated "Employee complaint procedure" and "Supplier grievance procedure" to provide concrete whistleblowing as well as disciplinary and grievance procedures. Any incidents of sexual harassment can be reported to Human Resources Division directly through a sexual harassment hotline or mailbox. Sexual harassment prevention and complaints mailbox have been included into the training materials for all employees and posted on the internal website, shown on the screen of the computer when it is turned on, and the Company website to improve the awareness.
- President’s Mailbox
- Employees can submit their suggestions to President’s mailbox directly.
- Employee opinion surveys
- Employee opinion survey by external survey company is conducted every two years for understanding the level of employee job satisfaction and eliciting comments about the workplace and management practices. Besides keep tracking the trend of "Commitment" factor, we add "employee engagement index" in 2018 employee survey. We adopt Gallup engagement module to assess employee engagement, and this module is line with global standard. Based on the survey findings, we develop follow-up actions and implement these actions to enhance employee engagement and retention.
- Compared to 2015, the satisfaction rate of “Employee Development &Training” increased by 20%, and the satisfaction rate of “Communications” increased by 10%. The average score of employee engagment index is 23% higher than the average of Greater China that is provided by Gallup.
Survey results are summarized as follows.
- Overall, I am satisfied with company at the present time. This item reached 8% higher than the market norm.
- The company has a good reputation in terms of providing perfect terms of employment. This item reached 18% higher than the market norm.
- Compare to other companies I know, I think that our company's working environment and conditions are above level. This item reached 14% higher than the market norm.
- I am proud to work for my company. This item reached 14% higher than the market norm.
Besides, we plan to conduct an internal employee opinion survey in 2019 to check the effect of follow-up actions based on previous survey findings.