- Sorry,Website just for Viewing in portrait mode,Thank you.
Benefits and rewards are important to encourage and attract talent. Our Employee Welfare Committee is responsible for planning and implementing various benefits, including general benefits and free group insurance for employees and their spouses, employee stock ownership trust, high subsidy for phone bills, preferential value-added service with family members, purchase discount for company products, good and comfortable working environment, emergency aids, and other measures. Please refer to the table below for further details.
● Description of benefits and rewards
Employee stock ownership trust
- Taiwan Mobile was the pioneer in implementing employee stock ownership trust. Employees can participate voluntarily with contributing certain amount of salary (self-contribution), and company will also contribute the equal amount money to the trust fund.
Company group insurance
- Employees: Starting from their first day of employment, employees are eligible for group insurance paid fully by the company. The coverage includes term life insurance, injury insurance, medical insurance, hospitalization insurance and cancer insurance.
- Spouses: Spouses of employees are also eligible for hospitalization and cancer insurance fully paid for by the company.
- Other: Employees, their spouses, parents and offspring may also enroll in the group insurance plans at a discount.
Subsidy for personal mobile phone use
- We offer monthly subsidy for employees’ personal mobile phone use, including app costs, to supports both their work and personal lives. Employees can download and use these apps which are developed by Taiwan Mobile, such as myMusic, myBook and MyVideo. Employees can enjoy online music through the myMusic App and reduce work stress. MyBook App provides digital content including e-books, e-magazines, and audio learning materials. Employees can read books or learn English with children, and build healthy family life. With myVideo App, employees can watch news, films, or cartoons with family members, and enjoy these valuable and happy moments.
- Offer employee purchase discount.
Employee welfare benefits
- TWM has integrated the employee welfare responsibilities of all subsidiaries under the Joint Employee Welfare Committee. The Committee is in charge of planning and implementing all welfare programs, such as subsidies for wedding, childbirth, funeral, hospitalization, and birthday.
- The Committee offers employees the option for applying for customized benefits such as subsidy for children's education, travel, continuing education, insurance coverage, shopping and fitness.
- We organize sports day, family day and year-end dinner parties for employees to help them balance their work and family life.
- Subsidies are provided to art, cultural or sport clubs set up by employees to help expand their interpersonal relationships, and sustain both their physical and mental health.
- We actively collaborate with sports centers, theme parks, resort hotels and travel agencies to offer special discounts to our employees on gym memberships and other travel benefits.
Flexible working hours and leave programs
- We implemented flexible working time system. Employees can, based on the needs to tend to their family members, adjust their starting and finishing work time of up to one hour of the daily regular working hours.
- We offer maternity leave, sick leave and bereavement leave that exceed the requirements of Taiwan’s labor law, and offer 5 days fully-paid paternity leave
- Maternity leave：In the case of a miscarriage after being pregnant for less than two months, female employee shall be permitted to discontinue work and granted a maternity leave for 7 days revised from 5 days.
- Sick leave：Employees are granted 48 hours fully-paid (statutory: half-paid) and 192 hours half-paid sick leave per year.
- Bereavement leave：The bereavement leave is 6 days that is revised upwards from 3 days by laws.
- Employees can also apply for leaves of absence for reasons such as childcare, military service, and medical treatment for serious illness or injury. They can also apply to return to our company before the end date of his or her leave of absence.
- We offer our employees two days of paid leave each year, with transportation allowances, to perform volunteer services.
Offer a friendly workplace for female employees and employees’ spouses
- Female employees may apply to transfer to less strenuous work during her pregnancy. For female employees who are pregnant or still nursing, their shifts are adjusted to avoid working at night. Female employees are required to breast-feed her baby of less than one year of age, have breast feeding time (the time is deemed as working time) twice a day, each for thirty minutes, besides the break period.
- We offer maternity leave that exceeds the requirements of Taiwan’s labor law, and pregnant employees can take partially paid, job-protected leave until birth of the child.
- Our "Employee Performance Management Regulations" specifically allow for performance evaluation based on actual performance at work if an employee had applied for maternity leave or unpaid leave during the evaluation period. This ensures their evaluations are not impacted.
- We hire professional nurses to offer workshops to brand new parents and provide employees with baby care advice. Breast-feeding rooms with medical-grade equipment has been set up to allow employees to continue nursing their children after giving birth. The nurses teach new mothers breast-feeding tips and provide health education, which assist new mothers to work without any worries.
- The Company signed contracts with childcare service institutions, and employees can have childcare services with lower cost.
Comfortable, mobile working environment
- We build a friendly and comfortable working environment. We display paintings and artworks in the office, and the art inspires the creative potential of employees and reduce the work stress.
- Employees can use the company multiple devices such as mobile office app, push mail, VPN, to work from home, based on their needs to care family members.
Contributions to labor pension
- We have adopted regulations governing employee retirement and also set up a labor pension fund supervision committee in accordance with the law. Actuaries are retained to prepare an annual report on the pension costs for each employee and the funds transferred to the labor retirement reserve fund account.
- To reward employees for longevity and commitment, we reward employees with gifts that value ten thousand dollars for 10 years of service.
Subsidy for emergency use
- Employees can apply for unpaid leave, change their place of work within the branch network, or apply subsidy to fulfill their personal needs if they have serious personal or family difficulties.
|TWM + Taiwan Fixed Network + Taiwan Digital Service + Taiwan Teleservices & Technologies + Taihsin Property Insurance Agent||TWM Broadband|
|Number of people eligible to apply for unpaid parental leave||291||297||14||12|
|Number of people who applied for unpaid parental leave||25||105||0||1|
|Number of people expected to return from unpaid parental leave (A)||29||109||0||2|
|Number of people who returned from unpaid parental leave as expected (B)||19||86||0||2|
|Number of people who returned from unpaid parental leave in 2017 (C)||12||89||0||3|
|Continued to work for more than one year after returning from unpaid parental leave in 2017 (D)||9||64||0||3|
|Return rate (B/A)||65.52%||78.90%||0||100%|
|Retention rate (D/C)||75.00%||71.91%||0||100%|