Major Board Resolution
Announcement of the record date for cash dividends and cash returns
1. Date of the resolution by the board of directors or shareholders' meeting or decision by the Company: 2013/06/21
2. Type of ex-rights or ex-dividend (“Ex-rights”, "Ex-dividend”, or ”Ex-rights and dividend”): Ex-dividend
3. Type and monetary amount of dividend distribution: Cash dividends are NT$14,526,577,682 and cash returns out of legal reserve are NT$269,010,698. The Company received letters of agreement from TCC Investment Co., Ltd. (TCCI), TCCI Investment & Development Co., Ltd. (TID) and TFN Union Investment Co., Ltd. (TUI) to forfeit their share of the dividends and cash returns. After deducting the shares collectively owned by TCCI, TID and TUI, the share count entitled to receive cash dividends and cash returns is 2,690,106,978, translating into NT$5.5 per share. The aforementioned cash dividends and cash returns per share are subject to adjustments based on the eligible share count on the ex-dividend date.
4. Ex-rights (ex-dividend) trading date: 2013/07/08
5. Last date before book closure: 2013/07/09
6. Book closure starting date: 2013/07/10
7. Book closure ending date: 2013/07/14
8. Ex-rights (ex-dividend) record date: 2013/07/14
9. Any other matters that need to be specified: Cash dividends are expected to be paid on July 26, 2013. Shareholders will receive a notice by mail.