I. Scope of the Private Policy
II. Collection of Information
The purpose of information collection is to verify the identity of users accessing the Website, as well as to provide various services, including:
You will be required to provide your personal information to the Company when accessing services on the Website, browsing website content, participating in promotional activities/games, applying for membership on the Website, subscribing to the e-newspaper, making online purchases of the Company's products/services, or using other website features. Such information shall include, but not limited to your name, ID number, mobile phone number, SIM card number, e-mail address, etc. The Company retains the aforementioned information provided by you, as well as relevant data recorded by the system while browsing the Website or making online inquiries, such as your IP address, time of usage, browser, and browsing history.
Notices on Personal Information
To safeguard your rights and interests, please read the following notices carefully concerning the Personal Information Protection Act:
- Name of the non-government agency: Taiwan Mobile Co., Ltd.
- Purpose of Collection:040/marketing, 063/collecting or processing personal information by non-government agencies under legal obligations, 067/operations involving credit cards, cash cards, debit cards, or electronic tickets, 069/contracts, agreements, or other legal matters, 072/policy propaganda, 077/booking, lodging registration, and ticketing businesses, 081/legal trading of personal information, 085/emergency services and assistance for ROC citizens traveling abroad, 090/consumer or customer management and services, 104/account management and debt trading businesses, 129/accounting and related services, 133/operating telecommunication and value-added telecommunication network services, 135/information (communication) services, 136/information (communication) and database management, 137/information and communication security and management, 148/Internet shopping and other electronic commerce services, 152/advertisement or commercial behavior administration, 153/movie, television, music, and media administration, 154/credit information services, 157/survey, statistic, and research analysis, 181/other business operations in compliance with registered business items or articles of incorporation, 182/other counseling/consulting services or specific purposes announced by the competent authority.
- Classification of Personal Information: All personal information classification announced by the competent authority (including, but not limited to personal information contained in the application forms of customers, their agents, and legal representatives).
- Time period, region, targets, and methods of using the personal information.
- Time Period: The period when the Company (Taiwan Mobile Co., Ltd.) is operating its business.
- Region: Within or outside the region of the Republic of China (excluding those prohibited by the competent authority).
- Targets: the Company, as well as its affiliated companies or business partners entrusted by or having business relationships withthe Company.
- Methods: Use all collected personal information in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Customers are entitled to exercise their rights prescribed in Article 3 of the Personal Information Protection Act, including any requests to make inquiries on the personal information, to make duplicates, to supplement/correct the information, to discontinue the collection, processing, or usage of the personal information, as well as to delete the personal information; methods for exercising such rights and fee collection shall be governed by government regulations and the internal policies of the Company. Based on Articles 10 and 11 of the Personal Information Protection Act, as well as the consideration of the need to execute its businesses and the retention period required by law, the Company may determine whether to accept such applications.
- Customers may decide, at their own discretion, whether to provide the information (except for those required by law). However, if they decide not to provide such information, it may affect the result of the application or integrity of services provided.
III. Information Protection
The Company keeps your personal information intact in its database and adopts strict security measures to prevent it from being accessed by unauthorized parties. All company personnel have received comprehensive training on information security and are fully aware of their fundamental responsibilities to keep the customer information confidential. Any employee who violating the confidentiality obligations shall be subject to the punishment according to relevant laws and the Company's internal regulations. To ensure the integrity and safety of your personal information, the Company has provided appropriate maintenance to all data processing systems where personal records are stored; strict requirements established by relevant competent authority are also satisfied in order to protect your personal information from being stolen or damaged. If, for business purposes, it is necessary to entrust a third party to provide additional services, the Company will make strict demands to request the third party to fulfill its confidentiality obligations, necessary inspection procedures will be carried out in order to ensure full compliance by the third party.
IV. Use of Information
In order to offer you better services and benefits, the Company may ask you to provide your personal information to the selected business partners or suppliers. The Company shall provide sufficient explanation for such activities so that you may determine, at your own discretion, whether to accept these services or benefits. Your personal information shall only be used for the specific purposes defined and within the scope prescribed by relevant regulations. Unless agreed by you or specifically prescribed in other regulations, the Website shall not disclose your personal information to any third party or use it for any purposes other than the specific purposes already defined.
V. Accessing Linked Websites
The Website may provide links to other websites. You may also navigate to other websites by using the links provided on the Website. The Website, however, does not guarantee your privacy while accessing other linked websites.
VI. Amendment of Personal Information
If you need to make changes to your personal information, you may do so by using the services provided on the Website after you have verified your identity to safeguard your rights and interests.
VII. Usage of Cookies